Daehkcarc#0001

How did you pick your username?

Mine is literally "Crackhead" backwards.

• Like 1

"I want to be a human being, not a human doing." -John Paul Larkin

I needed a new name and searched through other servers and liked "noodle" bc noodles r swag

• Like 1

:dovepat:

erm, I just kept generating passwords through a password manager and misly came out

• Like 2

My username was always just my full name, and when i was younger that was no problem, and I have such an awful last name that it was never taken so I could have it everywhere. Eventually giving that name out to friends was a super big headache, so I stopped doing that.

People have called me Jakey my whole life, and I had the idea that it would be useful to have a name close enough to my name that it was something I would respond to, but something different from my actual name. Jakey it was.

Im not sure how Prime came about, I have about 5000 hours in Warframe, so people often assume I got my name from Warframe, but you need to realize that I needed to pick my username before knowing anything about Warframe. It just happened to fit.

I still love my username after all these years and I don't see myself changing it, it doesn't hide my identity, but it's still an alias so I can differentiate people online versus irl. If someone calls me Jake they are typically close friends or IRL friends, Jakey is less formal, and I like being able to have the 2 be seperate but close enough that people wont find it weird switching to Jake once they know me well enough.

• Like 1

Founder & Lead Developer @ Team Hydra

On 1/10/2021 at 8:21 PM, Adam#1000 said:

I'm uncreative

Creative enough to use your own name as your username, that's at least creative.

Founder & Lead Developer @ Team Hydra