untuned#0001

How did you pick your username?

Mine is literally "Crackhead" backwards.

• Like 1

"I want to be a human being, not a human doing." -John Paul Larkin

I needed a new name and searched through other servers and liked "noodle" bc noodles r swag

• Like 1

:dovepat:

erm, I just kept generating passwords through a password manager and misly came out

• Like 2

My username was always just my full name, and when i was younger that was no problem, and I have such an awful last name that it was never taken so I could have it everywhere. Eventually giving that name out to friends was a super big headache, so I stopped doing that.

People have called me Jakey my whole life, and I had the idea that it would be useful to have a name close enough to my name that it was something I would respond to, but something different from my actual name. Jakey it was.

Im not sure how Prime came about, I have about 5000 hours in Warframe, so people often assume I got my name from Warframe, but you need to realize that I needed to pick my username before knowing anything about Warframe. It just happened to fit.

I still love my username after all these years and I don't see myself changing it, it doesn't hide my identity, but it's still an alias so I can differentiate people online versus irl. If someone calls me Jake they are typically close friends or IRL friends, Jakey is less formal, and I like being able to have the 2 be seperate but close enough that people wont find it weird switching to Jake once they know me well enough.

• Like 1

Founder & Lead Developer @ Team Hydra

On 1/10/2021 at 8:21 PM, Adam#1000 said:

I'm uncreative

Creative enough to use your own name as your username, that's at least creative.

Founder & Lead Developer @ Team Hydra

My username was years in the making to be honest lol. First it was BookOfOne. That was cool for a few years, but then it just fell off and I disliked it more and more. I read a lot so I still wanted something with "book" in it. I was just trying to make a cute sounding name with book and then bookie just popped into my head. Of  course it could be like the word Bookie which is a bookmaker. But really, it's just me trying to add a cute sound to book 😂. After a while people began to know me purely as bookie... so it stuck lol.

Edited by Bookie#0002
me trying to make it flow better shh lol

I got my gaming username (Lotus4Elise) from a combination of the two reasons why my parents chose Elise as my middle name. My mother's favorite classical song being Fur Elise, and my father's favorite car being a Lotus Elise. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eliseᵇ ᵒ ᵗ#0001 said:

I got my gaming username (Lotus4Elise) from a combination of the two reasons why my parents chose Elise as my middle name. My mother's favorite classical song being Fur Elise, and my father's favorite car being a Lotus Elise. 

at least yours is creative and original

• Like 1

Original xbox generated username was "VirtualRogue10" CRINGE

Anyways over the years "Virt" kinda stuck with me and I made variations upon it, most of which have aged significantly and make me cringe as I'm typing them. 

One day I just happened to across this name, if I wanted to be philisophical I'd say it comes from the Roman Author "Virtruvius", in reality I just got it from the Lego Movie and tweaked the spelling and here we are today.

• Like 1

My full name is Manuel, and literally everyone call me "Manu", so I don't have to explain why my username is Manu.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Manu#7981 said:

My full name is Manuel, and literally everyone call me "Manu", so I don't have to explain why my username is Manu.

manual

4 minutes ago, noodle#0002 said:

manual

You're Fideo

My full name is Luigi, but my family and friends call me 'Luichi', my username is my nickname in lowercase.
I have many nicknames but I chose this one because I feel it is special.

• Like 1