It's time for the moment you've been waiting for!

Welcome to the release of Hep.gg V3! After over 20,000 lines of code and a month and a half of development, it is finally """ready""" for the public to use*. There is almost no original code left in the project, and has been rewritten from the ground up.
*We are not responsible for any damages to your hopes and dreams upon using the website with mobile. Use the iOS app 4head.

This thread will also serve as a changelog between V2 and V3, including images for comparison. If you find any bugs or typos, please let us know in this thread so that we can fix it ASAP. If you have suggestions, you can post them in the suggestion forum.

Here we go!

• Visually rewrote the entire website, making it look significantly better.
  • Vouching! You no longer need to make requests on the forum, and they have been retired completely. As long as they have logged into Hep.gg, you can invite them to the service through the Vouching page in the dashboard if you have access to it.
  • GIF Picker! Currently this acts as a second favourites page, but in the future this will allow you to quickly restore your favourited GIFs to your Discord client!
  • Renamed Files! This is a list of all your renamed files, and what vanity URL they have.
  • Shortened URLs page now have an edit and delete button!
  • The account page is readable now.
  • Domains page have tags that show if it is owned by us, another user, or a third party!
  • Premium role! You now get a premium role to flex that you're a premium user!
  • Staff roles! Hep.gg staff (that now have access to tools that can help your account) have roles too, to show that they can help with account related questions, etc.
  • Transfers are supported! Staff now have the capability to transfer all data on an account to another account.
  • Moderator and Admin control panel! Previously staff actions had to be done exclusively by me, and manually on the backend, now restoring, deleting accounts, granting premium, helping with errors and file names, and TONNES of other information is available to Hep.gg staff. HEP.GG Staff can still see NONE of your data, unless you specifically ask them to look up an upload with it's ID.
  • ...and hundreds of other smaller QoL and appearance changes, I genuinely forget half of them because it's been going for so long and I've added so much stuff, login and find out for yourself!

Special thanks to @untuned#0001 for moral support while I scream at code (and writing this changelog under his name), and @Panther#0001 for creating a lot of the new logging embeds you might see, as well as at least 30 new embeds in our staff loggings channels for account actions, etc.

• Like 5

Founder & Lead Developer @ Team Hydra

Woo!

• Like 1

"I want to be a human being, not a human doing." -John Paul Larkin